Who should Come:
- Business and professional people and business students who wish something could be done to create a flourishing community, and who suspect that we must go beyond charity to achieve it.
- Pastoral teams and non-profit executives and staff who want to see concrete examples of faith institutions
addressing poverty through social enterprise, and the amazing outcomes that are happening.
What you'll get:
- One of the most knowledgeable trainers on social entrepreneurship in the nation.
- New workshops to help your institution appraise if this strategy is appropriate
- Connections to churches and organizations who have planted social businesses
- Legal considerations
- Actual models and their nuts and bolts
- Connections to others who care about business solutions to poverty
- Innovative ideas for social entrepreneurship
- Practical workshops that equip people of faith to bring their unique resources to the table
- Examples of local churches and CBOs using business to solve social problems
Featuring Ivan Gonzalez,
nationally known social entrepreneur and trainer.
Ivan is a gifted social entrepreneur, committed for more than 25 years to equipping leaders who want to make a difference in their community. He has worked with start-ups and mid-size enterprises to successfully develop new economy, socially impactful businesses which focus on multiple bottom lines.
Ivan currently serves the Christian Community Development Association as their business coordinator, and directs strategic partnerships for the Stewarts Market, which helps catalyze social enterprises in the city of Chicago.